Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wayzata in 1955



I have been scanning our 35mm slides. They bring back a lot of memories.

At the end of summer in 1955, I took a trip to Scarsdale, New York to attend Blake Wallace's wedding. The itinerary was complicated, but in part of the trip I traveled by train to Minneapolis to meet my friend John Howell. We rendezvoused at the home of Kathy Barrows in Wayzata. Then John took me to his parents' home in Rochester, Minnesota.

Kathy was just an acquaitance then. Two years later we were married.

John Howell took this picture, using my camera. Kathy is on the left. Her sister Margie is on the right. I always looked a little young for my age and this picture sure shows that. I was nineteen but looked more like twelve. Katherine thinks that our grandson Alexander looks older than I do in this picture.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger James Moule said...

My friend John Howell wonders why there are so few comments. The answer is pretty obvious. This blog is reader challenged.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were they thinking, those three? Katherine: This is very flattering and exciting- two young men all the way from California just to see me? But that boy dressed up for a tea dance at Dana Hall--hmm--is he the ONE? Jim: Now I'm no Gatsby, but F.Scott did live around here someplace, and this Robin Hill is NEAR the water, and this Kathy IS the one. And Margie: Is Kathy robbing the cradle? John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home