Monday, January 03, 2011

Fiona


Fiona is the daughter of Susan Herrmann Loomis, who gave the cooking school that we attended last October in France.  This is a true snap shot.  Eight of us were having morning coffee and rolls in a small cafe prior to sallying forth to a farmer's market.  Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that Fiona was well lit and rather attractive.  I picked up the camera from my lap, turned in her direction, and quickly took one shot.  This is a cropped version of that photo.  Her mother is quite pleased with it.

I'm pleased with it also for several reasons.  One is the composition.  The second requires some explanation. To me, this is a travel photo. Travel photos should evoke a sense of place. People in different countries these days more and more wear the same clothes, but in each country they have a different body language.  Fiona is a 13 year old French girl. I do not think that you would find a 13 year old girl that would carry herself with quite the same poise in the U. S.  To me, Fiona's body language and the way she wears her clothes is uniquely French.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home