Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Our Trip to Washington, DC


Dogwood
Originally uploaded by jmoule.
We just returned from a trip to Washington, DC. The main theme was an annual reunion of the three Barrows sisters (Busy, Margie, and my wife Katherine). We visited the museums, ate dinner at some very good restaurants, and generally enjoyed the city.

After the reunion ended, Katherine and I took an extra day to drive out to Staunton, Virginia and visit my second cousin, Marcia Moule Robinson. It was a beautiful day. The dogwoods and rosebuds were in full bloom. While touring Trinity Church, founded in 1746, the oldest church in Staunton, this dogwood caught my eye.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That means you went over Afton Mountain in Waynesboro. One of my favorite panaramic sites anywhere on I-64. I envy anyone who lives in the DC/Virginia area in the month of April. It is breathtaking as you know. SOI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home