Sunday, April 08, 2007

I have an new scanner


I can now begin scanning the color slides that I took from 1952 through 2003. This is one picked at random. It was taken on a burro packing trip in the Sierras in July 1963. Katherine and I went with Lupe and Mareta Ellmore (old college friends) and two burros to carry our gear.

We started at Wolverton Meadows in Sequoia National Park and traveled for two days to reach a small lake where we stayed for a few days. I had not been in the high country for ten years and was surprised at how much air polution there was. (Looking at this photo, I still am.) After this picture was taken, we crossed over a pass and left most of the polution behind.

If you have not guessed, that is Lupe Ellmore leading one of the burros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home