Friday, July 30, 2004

The Rule of 76

I listened to the last day of the Democratic convention. Several speakers poited out that John Kerry is qualified because he is six feet, four inches, tall. Well, now. I am six feet, four inches, tall. My father was six feet, four inches, tall. My brother is six feet, four inches, tall. My son is six feet, four inches, tall. My brother's eldest son is six feet, four inches, tall. If you were to line us up in a row, there would be a maximum difference of 1/4 inch between the tallest and the shortest of us.

If I had known that being seventy six inches in height qualified me to be President of the United States, I would have lead my life differently. But I still would have married Katherine. She would make a great First Lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home