Monday, May 14, 2007

Kentucky Hot Brown Strata

Yesterday we had a particularly successful Sunday breakfast - "Kentucky Hot Brown Strata" from Cheryl and Bill Jamison's breakfast cookbook. The idea comes from a sandwich served years ago at Louisville's Brown Hotel called the Hot Brown. The sandwich combined smoked turkey, bacon, tomato, and cheddar cheese sauce. The strata combines the same flavors.

I made it in individual (one cup size) ramekins. It could serve very well as a brunch item. Somewhere there is probably a bed and breakfast inn that serves it. It's that kind of thing.

Katherine said that she liked it very much. Probably so, but she is a little bit biased toward encouraging me to keep cooking Sunday breakfasts.

I notice that I have been avoiding making blog entries unless I have a photo. So you have not read much in the way of stock market commentary recently. If I continue talking about recipes, I'm going to have to get better at food photography. This would have looked much more appetizing if the ramekin was photographed against a seamless white background.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will not hold it against you. Stocks give way to Sunday morning breakfasts every once in awhile. SOI

P.S. Was out for the last 5 months or so, but I'm back. Got downsized. Started a company. Been busy.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger James Moule said...

Glad you're back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home